Full course description
The Growing With Canvas Self-Paced Course is designed to help teachers learn how to use Canvas effectively in brick and mortar classrooms AND online learning environments. If you are an online instructor, please note that while the course will refer to 'classrooms' the content applies to on-line environments as well.
Intended Audience: This course is intended for teachers in a K-20+ environment. Most of the videos are applicable to all ages.
Method: This is a self-paced course. Participants in this course will watch videos, use Canvas documentation, complete activities, and participate in discussions to learn and apply Canvas features.
- Time Needed: This course is estimated to take 7.5 - 10 hours to complete.
- Completion Date: This course must be completed by June 30, 2020.
Disclaimer: Please contact your administration to determine if this session qualifies for professional development credit and/or if the content is acceptable for use at your institution.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Navigate Canvas
- Customize your Canvas Profile
- Adjust your Notification Settings
- Understand communication tools in Canvas
- Create and set a Canvas Home Page
- Create a Module and add content
- Create various activities and assessments in Canvas
- Understand how Groups and Collaborations can be used
- Utilize SpeedGrader