Course Basics is an online professional development course designed to help instructors learn how to create basic course material that is inviting and clear. In this course, participants will learn about home pages, course components, and best practices for utilizing LMS resources and creating content.
Participants in this course will watch videos, use Canvas documentation, complete activities, and participate in discussions.
Target Audience: This course is intended for instructors in a Community College environment. The techniques and tools in Course Basics will be used in all of your online courses. The course will also be beneficial for anyone who will be creating a course, for example, course instructors as well as instructional designers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Design an appropriate Home Page
- Develop clear instructions identifying course components and required materials
- Create well-designed information so it can be better summarized and remembered by the learner
- Explain how course graphics and images are properly used along with observing copyright law
- Demonstrate where to place course and institutional policies in an easy location including institutional support services and accessibility policies
- Illustrate how to show Instructor information including pertinent information
- Demonstrate proper use of menu items