Growing with Canvas is designed to help teachers learn how to use Canvas effectively in brick and mortar classrooms AND online learning environments. The course uses a combination of the Canvas Video Guides and Canvas Guides to teach the content. The course progresses through 4 modules that cover the following topics: navigating Canvas, Canvas communication tools, customizing your course, designing your course, creating content and assessments, using SpeedGrader, and copying your course. Participants in the course will try out a number of the concepts through the practice activities. Completion time is about 4-weeks.
Target Audience: New Online or Hybrid Instructors, Face-to-Face Instructors wanting to utilize Canvas in their class, anyone wanting to learn more about Canvas
Individuals who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion from the Mississippi Virtual Community College via the MSVCC Academy Catalog.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Navigate Canvas
- Customize Your Canvas Profile
- Adjust Notification Settings
- Understand Communication Tools in Canvas
- Create and Set a Canvas Home Page
- Create a Module and Add Content
- Create Various Activities and Assessments in Canvas
- Understand How Groups and Collaborations Can Be Used
- Utilize SpeedGrader