Digging Deeper with Designing and Teaching is designed to teach instructors how to create sound objectives and outcomes, and how to align them to assessments using Canvas Rubrics and Outcomes. This course will teach best practices, learning styles, engagement strategies, and pedagogy for facilitating online instruction. You will also learn about some external and research-based tools that you can use for teaching online. The course is divided into 4 modules and completion time is estimated 4-weeks.
Target Audience: Online, Face-to-Face, or Hybrid Instructors who are proficient with Canvas
Individuals who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion from the Mississippi Virtual Community College via the MSVCC Academy Catalog.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and create sound and measurable course objectives
- Identify and create sound and measurable module/unit level objectives
- Explore learning styles and instructional strategies in the online learning environment
- Align course activities and assessments to module/unit level objectives
- Create rubrics and outcomes using Canvas
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective online instructor
- Explore the various external tools used to facilitate teaching and learning